Cooley Distillery is a 100% Irish owned company. Set-up by Irish entrepreneur John Teeling in 1987, Cooley has a small group of loyal share-holders who share the same vision for the creation of an indigenous export-orientated Irish whiskey distillery. Cooley has an annual capacity of 250,000 cases of “9 litre cases of Single Malt” and 800,000 “9 litre cases of Grain whiskey” with room to add extra stills as the distillery develops.
As Cooley Distillery was run on a Texas Instrument PLC based system since its foundation in 1987, the need arose to replace not only this obsolete technology, but also to generate process and Instrumentation drawings (P&IDs) , electrical panel drawings and a master Tag list.
The Rockbrook project team worked together with Cooley distillery during the Pre engineering phase of this project to ensure the survey, design and supply of an electronic set of process and Instrumentation drawings, electrical panel drawings and master Tag list were completed to the highest possible standard. This enabled the software team to have accurate process and electrical information to ensure SCADA graphics, SCADA engineering and software engineering was as per the actual plant.
Rockbrook designed a complete Industrial networking solution which includes an IT Rack, KVM extenders, Industrial Ethernet, Profibus DP, Profibus PA Ex and Profibus PA Non Ex Rated Areas.
All new instruments are connected to the control system over Profibus PA, this reduces wiring costs and provides more detailed information from each instrument. All I/O has been connected using remote I/O stations which also reduces wiring costs.
The Installed SCADA control system has improved the plant availability by:
· Reducing unplanned downtime.
· Having increased system support for current technology.
· Simplifying the system. Removing obsolescence.
· Allow for future expansion of the system.
· Provide additional closed loop control in or-der to improve the quality and consistency of the final product.
· Siemens Simatic Win-CC V7.0 with one Server and three Clients.
· Supply and install of IT rack to house all Clients and Servers with room for future expansion
· Siemens S7 315-2DP PLC and CP343-1 for communications to the Win-CC SCADA
· 3 No. Extended *up to 12 modules+ ET200M Remote I/O stations
· DP/PA Links both Ex and Non Ex rated
· DP/PA Couplers